May 19, 2010

SAD TRI-ATHALON NEWS

Sorry Royall if you read this before I get the chance to tell you in person, but are fun little weekend trip to Magrath is going to be one member short. Sometimes being the manager really sucks.

These past four months I have been working really hard at loosing weight and getting in better shape so I could train to run a tri-athalon this summer, I have been doing so good and have lost a total of 25 pounds and can do all the 3 stages the tri-athalon requires. 750 meter swim, 26km bike ride and 5km run, however I have never put them together, that is what these next two months were going to be for, and hopefully drop another 10 pounds in the meantime. Until yesterday when one of my part timers asked for the weekend off for a wedding and my other part timer is away on holidays. How can I say no, I could not handle being the mean manager that does not let people have time off when they ask for it. Actually I have a hard time saying no to anything they ask for, maybe I am just not manager material. I know they like me but I have a hard time talking to them if they are doing things wrong or showing up late for shifts or not being professional enough with customers, ahh anyone with manager experience please help.

So with me being to layed back and having the inability to say no, has now left me with a goal unaccomplished for the year. However I think I am going to keep training for it, maybe try and figure out how to do one on my own.

2 comments:

  1. saying no doesnt mean you are being mean! its your job to make sure everything is done correctly and you are getting your time off (that you deserve), just think of it as doing your job and doing it great, not being mean!
    being their friend is great, that makes work so much better, but you can do both. you need to put your foot down or you will get walked over, people tend to always take advantage of nice people cuz they know they can.
    SO be nice, but remember you were hired to be in charge, and there is NOTHING wrong with doing that!!
    and congrats on all you have accomplished, that is amazing, Losing 25 lbs is HUGE! its SO hard to lose weight and get your body in amazing shape. So even though you may feel like goals are unaccomplished, you have still accomplised SO much!! so be proud of all you have done

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sucks that you can't do your tri but way to go on losing 25lbs, that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete