Dec 30, 2013

Life changes

This year has a couple big milestones for me. My 30th birthday and our 10 year anniversary. Before we had kids it would have been a huge event with a good chunk of money spent. A two week vacation, someplace hot and some big gifts. The wordly joys we got to experience while being a double income family with no kids, I can't lie were awesome. However they were all short term gratifications. This morning as I was playing dress up with Macie and snuggling with Wade it brought me such peace knowing the joy and love I was feeling towards my kids was eternal. The vacations, nice clothes and toys, although they were fun will do nothing for us in the hereafter. I have so many goals for this new year, but the most important is to focus on being a good mother and nurture my children in the gospel and make sure they feel my love. That my children are getting my full attention. I do feel it is still important for me to have time for me and do some things I love, like workout, read, and dates with my hubby. However when I am with them I am with them and not focusing on 100 other things, just them. It has been interesting since I cut some stresses out of my life how already my relationship with Wade has gotten better. I am so blessed to have such beautiful children and thankful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the gift of motherhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment