Mar 26, 2018

10 years with Devon

Logo went from this
To this around 2009
    This past January 2018, I celebrated 10 years of work with Devon. Technically I started in 2006 as a contractor and didn't get hired on till 2008.
Devon Really is an amazing place to work. The people are good, the culture is good, and efforts that are made to keep workers safe, and the environment up kept, is remarkable. Millions and millions of dollars go into those two things.
    There has been a lot of changes since 2008 in the oil patch. So many, its almost unrecognizable.
Lloydminster, was once a great field with over 70 employees now down to 8. Devon had many many fields across Alberta and BC, now only three remain. Lloyd, Bonny, and Jackfish.
Oil peaked at 150/bbl and went as low as 29/bbl. Its been a rollercoaster of ups and downs. Many people have come and gone, which has made some difficult times. 
    I started in Lloydminster as a heavy oil Operator, moved to gas operator and was super blessed to have an opportunity to join the asset integrity team, and increase in education in 2013. I was moved to Bonnyville in September 2015 and less than a year later  June 2016, I was moved up at Jackfish.
   I have been blessed to work under some great leaders and some great colleagues. Through all the challenges, and changes, its been a wonderful 10 years. I hope that I can make 20.




No comments:

Post a Comment