Jun 8, 2011

NURSERY???




So this is my idea for the nursery but obviously not in a bathroom. The white wainscotting with the blue walls and black furniture. I can't decide what color to do the baby's quilt but still have lots of time to think about it. I am not naturally good at decorating so I truly want everybody's honest opinion it will not hurt my feelings. I am thinking I would like to do this weather it is a girl or boy. I am thinking the color would work for either gender, but like I said I am seriously not good at the whole decorating thing so please give me your absolute honest opinion, or maybe something you like about it but an idea that would help it look even better. I was also thinking of putting the baby's name over the crib on individual wood blocks with the letter's put on in vinyl lettering. The wood blocks would be painted white and black and the letters would be put on with a similar color blue that the wall has been painted. So the color scheme is black white's and blue's (teal). Again please help I really want the room to look cute.

2 comments:

  1. I really like it! I think the color for sure would work well for baby boy or girl. You can girl it up with ribbons/bows what ever after if you wanted. Can't wait to see what you pick out for fabric! (you'll want to do that first then pick your paint color to match/co-oridnate as it will be way easier to match paint to fabric then fabric to paint)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! If it is a girl you could just add accents of pink and if it is a boy you could throw in some royal blue or some other really boyish color. A very simple and inexpensive way to do the wainscotting is to do it like we did in Presley's room. You just buy 3 inch baseboard and form boxes on the wall in regular intervals around the room, add a chair rail around the top and paint everything the same white color. It looks exactly like wainscotting just way cheaper and easier!

    ReplyDelete