Feb 28, 2012

SUNDAY!!

How to explain the feelings I felt on this most special day for my daughter. Everything started out so perfect. She woke up nice and early so that I could feed her twice before her blessing have lots of time to get her and myself ready and even arrived at the church 15 minutes early, plenty of time to rock her to sleep before her blessing. She had a different thought in her mind though. She wanted to be awake for the whole thing. I was so nervous as she was getting fussy moments before Mark was to come and take her out of my arms and give her a name and a blessing. Bro Onofrychuk announced it Mark came and took her from my arms, all the other men invited made there way up to the front and Macie started crying. My heart sunk knowing she was going to cry threw the whole thing. I was wrong though the moment Mark started talking there was total and complete silence and she remand silent the whole entire blessing. Tevin my Nephew that held the mike said that Macie just sat there and smiled at Mark the whole entire time he gave her a blessing, how adorable is that. Mark did an amazing job with the blessing and I don't know if there was a dry eye in the chapel. The moment Mark started blessing her he teared up which of course stared the water works from me, but when he said that we have long awaited your arrival I couldn't stop balling.

Macie this was such a special day for you and your Mom and Dad. I hope you know how much your mom and dad love you. Your Dad did an amazing job giving you a blessing and was preparing months before so that he could have the spirit with him and know what your Heavenly Father wanted you to be blessed with. Thank you for coming into our life and picking us to be your parents I hope we do well by you and give you all the love that you need. We love you so much and are so grateful for the wonderful precious Daughter of God that you are.


my sister took some wonderful pictures which I will post when I get them but I did take a couple with my crappy camera of Macie looking darling in her dress.

2 comments:

  1. What a special day :) I would have been crying with everyone else. I hope you had someone write it down so you can remember what was said! Macie's dress is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't help but feel so emotional when Marc started blessing your beautiful daughter. I could just feel the love he had for her when he was doing it. It was hard to not cry. I could hear you cry too, so that made it even harder not to cry, lol. You have such a beautiful baby girl, and I am so HAPPY for you.

    ReplyDelete